[Holy Qur'an 17:81] And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Abu Bakr's admission of his mistakes on his death bed

Abu Bakr's admission of his mistakes on his death bed

As proof we shall cite:


   1. Tareekh Tabari Volume 2 page 24
   2. Kanz al Khitab al Khilafath ma al Maar Volume 3 page 135
   3. Al Imama wa al Siyasa Volume 1 page 18, Dhikr Wafaath Abu Bakr
   4. Murujh al Dhahab Volume 2 page 308 Dhikr Khilafath Abu Bakr
   5. Iqd al Fareed, Dhikr Wafaath Abu Bakr Volume 2 page 208


We read in Tabari:

Abu Bakr said 'I did three things that I now regret, they are:

   1. That I failed to show respect towards the house of Fatima
   2. I did not burn Fajaf Salmah
   3. At Saqifa I transferred Khilafath to Abu Ubaydah or Umar


There are three things that I wish I had done:

   1. When Asheesh bin Qays was brought before me as prisoner I should have had him killed
   2. When I sent Khalid bin Waleed to the Land of the Kuffar I should have turned him in the direction of Zay Qasa
   3. When sending Khalid to Syria I should have sent Umar to Iraq


I regret that I did not get clarification from Rasulullah (s) on three matters:

   1. Whether the Ansar had a share in the Khilafath
   2. Who would succeed him (s) as Khalifa
   3. The inheritance of an aunt and nephew

0 comments:

Post a Comment